Solar Panel Prices In Ghana
The usage of solar panels these days is on the ascent. This is not much of a surprise due to the heightening of electricity cost or charges.
One way to reduce these electricity charges is to divert to solar energy usage.
We can equally avoid power shortages with solar energy. Solar energy is a renewal energy.
What solar panel type will be suitable for you? You are going to discover that in this post.
Today’s post will inform you much about:
- Solar Panels And Their Applications
- Types Of Solar Panels
- Factors To Consider When Choosing The Type of Solar Panels You May Need
- The Prices Of Solar Panels
- Places You Can Purchase Solar Panels
Solar Panels And Its Applications
Solar Panels are also known as photovoltaic panels (“PV panels”). Solar is related to the sun. Solar panels, which consist of cells, are primarily used to convert solar energy from the sun into electric energy (electricity).
Solar Panels were developed about 100 years ago. In the early years, they were used to convert solar energy, which in turn was utilized for the production of steam and this was employed to drive machinery at that time.
Today, there are several applications of solar panels. From household usage to industrial usage. For instance, solar panels are employed in powering:
- remote power systems for cabins
- scientific calculators
- telecommunication equipments
- Audio/Musical Systems
- remote sensing systems
- Light Systems
- And etc…
Types Of Solar Panels
Unfortunately, only few people know that there are several types of solar panels. Each Solar Panel and what it can help you achieve.
These solar panels are utilized for the following types of solar energy:
- Concentrated Power
- Water Heating
- Electric Systems
- Pool Heating
Let’s jump right into the following types of solar panels available. This includes:
- Monocrystalline solar panel
- Polycrystalline solar panel
- Thin film (amorphous) solar panel
Monocrystalline Solar Panel
This type is very common. Monocrystalline Solar Panels are pure and hence, they are the most efficient type of solar panels. They come with a single silicon ingot, made using the Czochralski method.
Monocrystalline Solar Panels have a longer lifespan than the other types of solar panels. That is not all, Monocrystalline Solar Panels can work better even at high temperatures and, regions of low light.
Polycrystalline Solar Panels
Polycrystalline Solar Panels are also known as multicrystalline panels. Basically, they come with multiple pieces of silicon, which are melted, treated and, molded into uniform rectangles.
Polycrystalline Solar Panels are less expensive than monocrystalline Solar Panels.
Amorphous (Thin Film) Solar Panels
This type is the least in terms of price and efficiency. They are made of:
- Amorphous silicon
- Cadmium telluride
- Copper indium gallium selenide
- Organic photovoltaic cells
Factors To Consider When Choosing Solar Panels
There are a lot to consider when choosing a solar panel for your home, school, church, business, company and etc.
You need to consider:
- The Space Available For The Installation Of The Solar Panel And Its Accessories.
- Environmental Conditions Which May Include Temperature, Light Intensity And Etc.
- The Cost Per Watt.
- The Storage Requirements And This May Include Batteries, Inverters And Etc.
- Cost Of Replacement: It cost less to replace high quality solar panels than those of low quality.
Prices Of Solar Panels
Accept the estimation of the prices I am going to give you. This is basically going to assist you in drawing a sound budget.
Monocrystalline Solar Panels cost between 160 USD — 360 USD per panel or GH¢ 876 — GH¢ 2,045 per panel.
Polycrystalline Solar Panels cost between 110 USD — 260 USD per panel or GH¢ 574 — GH¢ 1,470 per panel.
Amorphous (Thin Film) Solar Panels cost between 950 USD — 230 USD per panel or GH¢ 430 — GH¢ 1,300 per panel.
NB: These prices are not fixed prices. They will certainly change with time.
Take note; pricing for solar panels are determined by:
- The Manufacturer: prices vary from one solar company to the other.
- Your Location: probably, the transportation cost should be factored into your budget.
Setbacks Of Solar Panels
It is necessary I throw some lights on the drawbacks that solar panels come with. Before you purchase any, take note that:
- Solar Panels Come With High Cost Of Installation.
- Solar Panels Need Regular Maintenance And This Come With A Cost.
- Solar Panels Are Vulnerable To Damages By Adverse Weather Conditions.
Where To Purchase Solar Panels In Ghana
- HTC Ghana (solar panel installation installation)
- Jiji Ghana (Solar Panel Sales)
- Jumia Ghana (Solar Panel Sales)
- Suka Wind and Solar Energy – Accra
- Optima Solar Systems Limited – Accra
- Dyson Energy
- NOCHESKI SOLAR
- Solar Light Company Ltd
- Sunpower Innovations
- Deep Solar Ghana
- Franerix Solutions Ltd
NB: This is a limited list. There are more companies which are not captured here. We can add a company’s name based on your recommendation.