Rice and stew is easy to prepare. It is cooked mostly by the method of boiling.
There are various kinds of rice. We have local or ordinary rice, long grain, biryani and basmati rice.
Not knowing how your preferred rice behaves or likes to make a good one can be a great mess.
Sometimes some rice needs a little water to cook it or some prefer more water.
Different ingredients are put together to make the stew. In this post, I’ll be teaching you how to prepare plain rice with chicken or meat tomato stew.
Now let’s start with how to Prepare plain rice and stew, which is the easiest.
Plain Rice and Stew
- Rice Cooker (optional)
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups waer
- 2 tbsp salt
- 4 pieces fresh tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 pieces medium-sized onions
- 2 galic
- 2 tbsp powdered pepper
- 200 mls cooking oil
- 1 tbsp tumeric powder
- 1 chicken, meat or fish
Preparing the chicken stew
- Steam your meat for about 10-15 minutes.
- As that is ongoing, blend your fresh tomatoes, pepper, and garlic.
- Put a reasonable amount to oil in a sauce pan and place it onfire.
- Fry your steamed chicken or meat and set it aside.
- Allow the oil to heat and add chopped onions into it to fry.(you can use the oil used in frying the chicken for your stew).
- After some few seconds, put in your tomato paste and stir.Let it cook till the color is changed.
- Pour the blended tomatoes, ginger, garlic, pepper into the content in the sauce pan and stir.
- After some few minutes, add your curry powder and tumeric powder for a nice taste and aroma.
- Cover it with lid and allow it to cook. But make sure you stir it frequently so that it wouldn’t harden under the suauce pan.
- After some minutes, add your chicken or meat broth and stir.
- After, taste for salt. If it needs some extra salt, then do just that.
- Add a number of chili pepper to your
- Allow the stew to cook for about 10 minutes (don’t forget to be stirring).
- Finally add the fried chicken and stir. Do that under a very low heat, because at this point the stew is ready, but you only want the chicken or meat to mingle.
Preparing the rice
- Wash your rice two to three times with a clean water.
- Put water in a deep sauce and bring it to boil.
- Add salt to the water on heat.
- Now pour the washed rice into the boiling water and stir.
- Cover the sauce pan with its lid.
- Allow the rice to boil for about 8 minutes under high flame.
- After the water has settled, lower the flame and allow the rice to cook for about five minutes. Your rice should be ready after this 5minutes.