As Ghana moves into the year 2023, fuel prices continue to be a big topic of interest and worry for both people who own cars and people who don’t. Knowing how much petrol costs now and where to get the best deals can help people plan their budgets and make smart choices.
In this piece, we’ll talk about how much fuel will cost in Ghana in 2023. We’ll give you the most up-to-date information, some interesting insights, and tips on where to find the best prices.
Fuel Price Overview
The fuel market in Ghana is always changing because of things like the price of crude oil around the world, government policies, exchange rates, and the conditions of the local market. If you want to get around at a good price, you need to know how much petrol costs right now.
Prices of petrol (petrol)
In 2023, the average price of petrol in Ghana has gone up and down, just like the prices of oil around the world. As of today, a litre of gasoline in Ghana costs GHS 13.30. Fuel prices can be a little different based on where you are and which petrol station you go to. But, for the most part, this average is a good way to compare petrol prices across the country.
The average price of diesel in Ghana today is GHS 14.49 per litre. This means that if you drive a diesel-powered car or use diesel-powered equipment, you’ll pay GHS 7.30 per litre for fuel. Diesel prices tend to be more steady than petrol prices because demand and supply are more or less the same.
Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) Prices
LPG is used for cooking and heating in Ghana, and its costs have also changed in recent years. At the moment, a kilogramme of LPG costs about GHS 12.45 in Ghana. It’s important to remember that LPG prices can change, so it’s best to keep up with any changes to make sure you have the right information.
READ ALSO: Wellwoman Prices In Ghana
Where To Buy fuel In Ghana
1. Total: Total is a well-known oil and gas company with a large presence in Ghana. There are many gas stations for them all over the country.
2. Shell: Shell is another big international energy company that runs gas stations in Ghana. Their fuels and services are known for being of good quality.
3. Ghana Oil Business Limited, or GOIL: Ghana Oil business Limited, or GOIL, is a state-owned business in Ghana that sells oil. They have a large number of gas stations spread out across the country.
4. Allied Oil: Allied Oil is a Ghanaian business that sells oil and has gas stations in different parts of the country.
5. Frimps Oil: Frimps Oil is a Ghanaian company that sells oil and runs a number of gas stations in Ghana.
Finding the Best Fuel Prices
Now that we know how much petrol costs in Ghana, let’s look at some ways to find the best deals.
1. Online platforms for comparing fuel prices: Many online platforms have sprung up to help customers find the most affordable fuel prices. Users can check petrol prices at different stations using websites and mobile apps like FuelPricer, FuelPriceChecker, and GasBuddy. This helps them find the cheapest petrol stations near them.
2. Membership programmes and loyalty cards: Many petrol stations in Ghana have membership programmes and loyalty cards that give discounts and benefits. Think about joining these programmes to get special perks and lower fuel prices.
3. Buying in bulk: Buying fuel in bulk can be a good way to save money if you have a place to store it or can get together with other people. When you buy in bulk, you can often get a deal, which will save you money on fuel in the long run.
4. Local Market Research: If you want to do some local market research, check out the petrol stores near you. Compare costs and make a note of the petrol stations that always have the best deals. In this way, you can find a reliable gas station that always has cheap gas.
READ ALSO: Affirm Hair Relaxer In Ghana
Everyone in Ghana needs to know the current prices of petrol and diesel. Prices for gasoline, diesel, and LPG are all around GHS 7.50, GHS 7.30, and GHS 4.50 per liter/kilogram, so it’s important to keep an eye on any changes. Use online platforms, membership programmes, buying in bulk, and study of the local market to find the best prices on fuel.
By using these tips, you can cut down on your petrol costs and make your trips more cost-efficient. Keep in mind that keeping an eye on fuel prices will help you make smart choices and get the most out of your transportation budget.