If you need technical education that is geared towards practical skill acquisition, then you need to consider Asuansi Technical Institute. It is one of the oldest of its kind in the West African Sub-region.
They have short courses and programmes design to equip an individual with skills that are in high demand in several Ghanaian industries.
Junior High School Leavers (JHS) and Senior High School Leavers are eligible to apply and get trained at Asuansi Technical School.
There are four departments in the school namely:
- Business and
- General Science
Academic Courses & Programmes.
The school currently has thirteen academic programmes and they are:
- Agricultural Mechanization Technology
- Architectural Drafting
- Building Construction Technology
- Business Studies (Accounting Options, Keyboarding and Documentation, and Information Technology (IT) )
- Creative Art Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Fashion Designing Technology
- Furniture Design and Construction
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Motor Vehicle Engineering
- Plumbing and Gas Fitting Technology
- Welding and Fabrication Technology
- Wood Construction Technology
The academic programmes listed above are three-year programmes. Apart from the 3-year traditional TVET training programmes, the Institute runs short courses (tailor-made) in demand for people in the informal sector who want to upgrade their schools.
- traditional apprenticeship training
- Training of Master Craftsmen
- training of people in the Trade Associations
Contact Asuansi Tech Institute
Abura Asebu Kwamankese District of the Central Region, 28km away from Cape Coast.
ASUANSI TECHNICAL INSTITUTE
P. O. BOX 162