Who Is Erica Campbell?
Erica Monique Campbell, born on April 29, 1972, is an American singer and songwriter known for her work in the urban contemporary gospel, Christian R&B, and contemporary R&B genres.
Together with her younger sister Tina Campbell, she started out in the music industry in 1998 as a member of the gospel group Mary Mary. Erica started a solo career in 2013, and since then, she has published two albums that have been successful on the Billboard charts.
Erica was raised in a musical household by her parents, pastors Eddie Aaron Atkins Jr. and Thomasina Andrea Atkins, who were both Inglewood, California natives. Since she was little, she has been deeply passionate about music.
In addition to one elder sister, Maliea Dionne Atkins, two older brothers, Andre Lavelle Atkins and Darrell Antoine Atkins, and five younger sisters, among them Tina Campbell, Erica also had two older sisters.
Erica had immense success with Mary Mary and won various honours, including a Grammy, a Stellar Music Award, a Dove Award, an NAACP Image Award, an American Music Award, a Soul Train Award, and a BET Award.
Her debut solo album, “Help,” was published in 2014 and did well on the Billboard charts, peaking at high ranks on the Independent Albums, Top Gospel Albums, and Billboard 200 lists. At the 57th annual ceremony, Erica took home a Grammy for “Help”‘s Best Gospel Album. “Help 2.0,” her second studio album, was released in 2015.
In addition to her musical endeavours, Erica Campbell has dabbled with television. During the recording of her new album, she and her husband Warryn Campbell appeared in their own reality programme, which aired on TV One in 2018.
The radio programme “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” has been hosted by her since May 2016.
Krista Nicole, Warryn III, and Zaya Monique are the three children Erica and Warryn Campbell share. Being initiated in January 2023, she is also an honorary member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
Erica Campbell is well-known in the music industry thanks to her brilliance, adaptability, and contributions to the gospel and modern R&B. She continues to have an effect on the music industry with her strong voice and motivational lyrics, encouraging audiences with her uplifting themes of hope and optimism.
Who Are Erica Campbell’s Siblings?
Erica Campbell has 8 siblings by the names of Andre Lavelle Atkins, Darrell Atkins, Maliea Atkins, Tina Campbell, Delisa Atkins, Thomasina A. Atkins, Alana Atkins and Shanta Atkins.
- Andre Lavelle Atkins: Andre was Erica’s older brother who sadly passed away at the age of six. He had Down Syndrome, spinal meningitis, and a hole in his heart.
- Maliea Dionne Atkins: Maliea is Erica’s older sister.
- Trecina Evette “Tina” Atkins: Tina, also known as Tina Campbell, is Erica’s younger sister and musical partner in Mary Mary.
- Delisa Marie “Lisa” or “Wittle Wees” Atkins: Delisa is another younger sister of Erica.
- Thomasina Andrea “Goo Goo” Atkins: Thomasina, also known as Goo Goo Atkins, is another younger sister of Erica.
- Alana Ellesse “Lainz” or “Luv Luv” Atkins: Alana is yet another younger sister of Erica.
- Shanta Nena Lavea Atkins: Shanta is Erica’s youngest sister.