How many siblings did Benjamin Franklin have? How many half siblings did Benjamin Franklin have? Benjamin Franklin was born into a large family in Boston, Massachusetts.
In this write up, we will provide you with all the relevant information there is to know about Benjamin Franklin siblings.
Benjamin Franklin was an American statesman, inventor, diplomat, printer, publisher and political philosophy. He was part of the Founding Fathers of the United States and was the first Postmaster General.
He was born on January 17, 1706 in Boston, Massachusetts to Josiah Franklin Sr and Abiah Folger.
Even though he stopped school initially at the age of ten to work for his father and later worked as an apparent for his older brother, James, Franklin gradually rose to become one of the leading intellectuals of his generation.
His legacy is undisputed and is regarded as one of the most influential Founding Fathers and has been duly honored over the years. His portrait is on the $100 bill as well as on warships.
Several towns and counties have also been named after him. He died on April 17, 1790 at the age of 84 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.
How Many Siblings Did Benjamin Franklin Have?
Benjamin Franklin had 16 siblings. He was actually the fifteenth child of his father and the eight of his mother.
His father, Josiah Franklin Sr. married twice and had a total of seventeen children including Benjamin Franklin.
Check out all 16 siblings of Benjamin Franklin below in order of birth.
1. Elizabeth Douse, born on March 2, 1678 to Josiah Franklin Sr and Anne Child. She died on August 25, 1759.
2. Samuel Franklin, born in 1681 to Josiah Franklin Sr and Anne Child. He died on March 31, 1720.
3. Hannah Cole, born on May 25, 1683 to Josiah Franklin Sr and Anne Child. She died on April 3, 1723.
4. Josiah Franklin Jr, born on August 23, 1685 and died in 1715.
5. Joseph Franklin, born on January 5, 1687 and died in his infancy.
6. Anne Harris, born on January 5, 1687 and died on June 5, 1729.
7. Joseph Franklin II, born in 1689 and died shortly after he was born. His mother, Anne Child also died due to problems after giving birth to him.
8. John Franklin Sr, born on December 7, 1690 to Josiah Franklin Sr and Abiah Folger. He died on January 30, 1756.
9. Peter Franklin, born on November 22, 1692 to Josiah Franklin Sr and Abiah Folger. He died on July 1, 1766.
10. Mary Holmes, born on September 6, 1694 to Josiah Franklin Sr and Abiah Folger. She died in 1759.
11. James Franklin, born on February 4, 1697 to Josiah Franklin Sr and Abiah Folger. He died in 1735.
12. Sarah Davenport, born on July 9, 1699 to Josiah Franklin Sr and Abiah Folger. She died in 1731.
13. Ebenezer Franklin, born on September 20, 1701 and died on February 5, 1703.
14. Thomas Franklin, born on December 7, 1703 and died on August 17, 1706.
15. Lydia Scott, born on August 8, 1708 and died in 1758.
16. Jane Mecom, born on March 27, 1712 and died on May 7, 1794.
How Many Brothers Did Benjamin Franklin Have?
Benjamin Franklin had nine brothers and he is actually the last son of his parents. They are Samuel, Josiah Franklin Jr, Joseph, Joseph Franklin II, John, Peter, James, Ebenezer and Thomas Franklin.
How Many Sisters Did Benjamin Franklin Have?
Benjamin Franklin had seven sisters named Elizabeth Douse, Hannah Cole, Anne Harris, Mary Holmes, Sarah Davenport, Lydia Scott and Jane Mecom.
How Many Half Siblings Did Benjamin Franklin Have?
Benjamin Franklin had seven half siblings from his father’s first marriage to Anne Child who died due to complications of her last child.
They are Elizabeth, Samuel, Hannah, Josiah Franklin Jr, Anne Harris, Joseph Franklin and Joseph Franklin II.