DVLA Ghana license upgrade, a step by step guide.
DVLA Ghana has made accessing driver’s licensing service easier with the introduction of their online portal. When we did an article about the classes of driver’s license in Ghana, our team received a lot of questions about how to upgrade driver’s license in Ghana.
In view of that we did a thorough search on how this can be done quickly and easily. You can upgrade your driver’s license in Ghana by following the steps we have outlined in this article.
It is simple and straightforward. Just make sure you have all the requirements for DVLA Ghana license upgrade, and you’re good to go.
Requirements for DVLA Ghana License Upgrade
Drivers who would like to upgrade their driver’s license must meet the following requirements.
- Have the required fees
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Attain a minimum of two (2) years in the current class.
How to upgrade driver’s license in 2020
As said earlier, the steps to upgrade driving license have changed over time due to the introduction of the online portal. Follow the step by step guide below to get it done in no time.
To begin the entire upgrade process, apply online and pay the fees. See the steps below.
- Visit DVLA Online Portal
- Key in your username and password. If you are a new use, click sign up to register
- Login in after successful account creation
- Locate and click on “Driving license”
- Click on “Upgrade driver’s license”
- Enter all required details and click next to proceed.
- Pay the required fees via Mobile Money
- Present your current valid driver’s license to the nearest DVLA office
- Pay the required fees
- Fill the Form X
- Schedule and take written test
- Schedule and take in-traffic test
That’s all. You are done. Wait for DVLA to issue a temporary licence and cover note to you.
Wait for a 3-month period to receive your upgraded license.
All questions about license upgrade answered
How long does it take to get your license According to the Drivers and Vehicle Licensing Authority DVLA,
It takes 3 months get your upgraded driver’s license.