Nick Lachey is an American singer, actor, and television personality. He was born on November 9, 1973, in Harlan, Kentucky. Lachey grew up in Ohio, where he attended the School for Creative and Performing Arts in Cincinnati.
As a member of the boy band 98 Degrees, which he co-founded in 1995 with his brother Drew and two other mates, Lachey launched his musical career.
In 1997, the band published “98 Degrees,” their self-titled first album, which was followed by numerous more noteworthy works, including “98 Degrees and Rising” and “Revelation.” Lachey explored a solo career when he was a member of 98 Degrees, putting out his debut album, “SoulO,” in 2003.
In addition to his singing career, Lachey has acted in a number of films and television productions. He appeared in the reality program “Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica,” which featured Jessica Simpson, a singer.
The program was a great hit and aided in Lachey’s ascent to fame as a television personality.
Additionally, he has participated in other reality competitions like “Dancing with the Stars” and “The Sing-Off,” and he has made cameos on TV series like “Charmed” and “Hawaii Five-0.”
Along with his career, Lachey is renowned for his charitable endeavors. He has worked with a number of nonprofit organizations, such as Feeding America and the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
The “Nick and Vanessa Lachey Foundation,” which supports organizations that assist families and children in need, was also established by Lachey and his wife, Vanessa, in 2017.
In 2002, Lachey wed Jessica Simpson for the first time. The duo was one of Hollywood’s most well-known couples at the time and co-starred in “Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica.” But they got divorced in 2006.
In 2011, Lachey wed Vanessa Minnillo, his current spouse. Together, the couple has three kids.
Nick Lachey has had a successful career in music, television, and film. Here are some of his career highlights:
- Co-founded the boy band 98 Degrees in 1995
- Released several successful albums with 98 Degrees, including “98 Degrees and Rising” and “Revelation”
- Pursued a solo music career, releasing his debut album “SoulO” in 2003
- Collaborated with other artists on various music projects, including Jessica Simpson and Babyface
- Starred in the reality show “Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica” with his then-wife Jessica Simpson, which became a cultural phenomenon
- Hosted the NBC singing competition show “The Sing-Off” from 2009-2010
- Competed on season 25 of “Dancing with the Stars” and finished in fifth place
- Made guest appearances on various television shows, including “Charmed,” “Hawaii Five-0,” and “One Tree Hill”
- Appeared in the films “Bewitched” (2005) and “Disaster Movie” (2008)
- Voiced the character of Harlen Carvey in the animated film “The Hard Easy” (2006)
- Involved with several charities, including the Make-A-Wish Foundation and Feeding America
- Co-founded the Nick and Vanessa Lachey Foundation in 2017, which supports organizations that help families and children in need
Nick Lachey’s Net Worth
Lachey’s net worth is estimated to be around $25 million. Much of his wealth comes from his music career, as well as his work as a television personality. He has also made money through endorsement deals, including partnerships with brands such as Proactiv and P&G.