This article will be most helpful to you if your ward or you have been admitted to the Wesley Girls Senior High School popularly known as Wey Gey Hey.
We are going to focus on the list of items indicated in the Wey Gey Hey prospectus. This will guide you to know exactly what is expected and what is not.
About Wey Gey Hey School
Wesley Girls’ Senior High School (WGHS) is an educational institution for girls in Cape Coast in the Central region of Ghana. The oldest secondary school in Ghana, it was founded in 1836 by Harriet Wrigley, the wife of a Methodist minister
Wey Gey Hey Prospectus for This Year
like other Senior High Schools in Ghana, all first-year students mostly are to purchase some list of items to aid in smooth stay whiles in school.
Wey Gey list of items on their prospectus does not differ so much from other schools in Ghana. Therefore, you can use this as a template to get the prospectus for other schools such as Opoku Ware, Accra Academy and so on.
See below the list of items needed for every first-year student. Note: you forfeit admission if you fail to present the items listed below.
Casual dresses which others call “multico” are prohibited in several secondary schools in Ghana. Most schools have prescribed uniform to be worn during dining, classes, and at dormitories.
In We gey hey, the school determines the prescribed housedresses. It should be simple, decent and washable.
Like many other senior high schools in Ghana, students are not allowed to plait their hair. Hair must always be kept short. Students can visit the barber shop in the school to get their hair cut.
Kindly note that permed or curled hair will be cut by authorities. It is only under special circumstances that some students will be allowed to keep their hair. This may be due to a medical concern or whatsoever.
Although students will be fed three times a day, it is important they get additional food stuffs to supplement it. Below is the list of food stuffs you can include in your chop box.
- Groceries such as
- corn flakes
- powdered milk
- and other related food stuffs
As a first-year students, you need to get some books and other stationeries to aid in your academic pursuits whiles in the school. See a list of all the stationeries required by first year students.
- Mathematical set
- Scientific calculator
- The holy bible. Quran if you are a Muslim
- English dictionary
- French dictionary for students with French elective subjects
- Brown papers. These will be used to cover the back of all exercise books
- Passport-sized photography. Background has not been specified
- Clear photocopy of your B.E.C.E results
- Clear photocopy of biometric birth certificate
- Methodist Hymn book. Can be bought in the school
Visiting hours are clearly stated in the school’s handbook. Hand books will be given to students on arrival at the campus. No extra cost is charged as they have been included in the admission fees.
Aside the list of items in the prospectus, each student is supposed to meet the following requirements in order to be deemed fit for admission. Parents should kindly take note.
- Students must undergo a compulsory comprehensive medical examination at the beginning of each academic year. The school handles this whiles parents pay the requisite fees.
- Parents who have wards with special health concerns must pre-inform the management of the school for further discussion on how best their wards will be catered for.
- Label all items before inspection.
The items in the prospectus listed above are subjected to change as the school’s management reserves the right to update it without prior notice.
It is always advisable to contact the school if you need clarifications. All items listed are approved for use by the Ghana Education Service.