Company registration in Ghana
This post contains:
- How to register a business in Ghana
- business registration form
- online registration of a company
- company registration fees
- a pdf version of business registration in Ghana.
Are you a businessman? Are you ready or willing to establish a company in Ghana?
Or are you a Ghanaian entrepreneur yearning to establish your own company?
Then you are at the right place.
This article contains all the relevant information you ought to know to register a company in Ghana.
In other to achieve your dream of establishing a company, you need to obtain a permit before you will be allowed to operate in Ghana.
In Ghana, company registration is done by the Registration General’s Department.
Precisely the registration is done at the office of the Registrar of companies which is responsible for all the registration and regulation of all business companies.
GENERAL COMPANY REGISTRATION PROCESS
According to the office of the registrar of companies, generally and currently, the following are the procedures in the registration process;
- Provide 3 company names for name availability check.
- Buy or download the required Entity Registration form.
- Complete the Entity form will all required information.
- Pick a ticket per the Entity Type.
- Wait till your ticket number is called.
- Submit the completed form with all the supporting documents for validation by the inspector.
- Payment slip is generated for payment to be made.
- Documents are left at the-house Bank for onward process.
- A decision is made to Approve, Query or Reject
- Certificate and other supporting documents are issued when approval is given.
How to register your business online.
- Go to rgdeservice.com
- Search for the availability of your Business Name by clicking on the Name search.
- Download forms of the Entity Type you want to register
- Print, fill sign and scan the form and other supporting documents.
- Create an account as a portal user.
- Log in with the user name and password given after the account creation
- Select Entity Registration link on the awesome page
- Select Entity Registration link again on the left pane
- Click on the ‘Create New’ button if the name has not been reserved or click on ‘Create from Name Reservation ‘button if the business name has been reserved
- Select the entity the type from the dropdown list
- Type business Name under Entity Name and click on Proceed button
- Certificate and other supporting documents are issued when approval is given
- Input data, upload scanned and signed document and follow the instructions
- Pay online by clicking on ‘make payment online’ link
- The status of the registration will be communicated via SMS
- Click on ecertificate link to save or print certificate and other supporting documents after approval is given.
There are various kinds of company registrations in the country.
These include Partnership Registration, Company Liability Shares Registration, Unlimited Liability Company Registration, External Company Registration, Company Limited by Guarantee Registration and among others.
Per the type of company you’re starting, you choose the appropriate one during the online registration.
Thanks for visiting us. Share this with your family and friends.