You are at the right place if you wish to know more about Marie Antoinette’s siblings. Read on as we provide you with all the key facts about Marie Antoinette siblings.
Marie Antoinette was born Archduchess of Austria on November 2, 1755 to Emperor Francis I and Empress Maria Theresa. She is actually the last but one child of her parents and eventually became the last queen of France before the French Revolution.
Marie Antoinette struggled with her academics while growing up despite being given private lessons. However, she found love in music and started taking harp and flute lessons.
Her voice was also top notch as well as being a good dancer. But her academics was still poor and became a problem for her parents. Hence another tutor had to be brought in by her husband to-be in 1768.
Her tutor, Matthieu-Jacques de Vermond quickly noted that her problem had to do with her laziness and being too jovial. She then became the dauphine of France in 1770 at the age of 14 after she got married to Louis-Auguste who was the heir apparent to the French throne.
She then became queen of France in May 1774 after Louis XVI was crowned king. Little did she know that a revolution will take place during their reign which will result in her execution.
Marie Antoinette was executed on October 16, 1793 at the Place de la Révolution on the basis of high treason. She was actually executed about eight months after her husband, Louis XVI was executed for the same reasons.
How Many Siblings Did Marie Antoinette Have?
Marie Antoinette had fifteen siblings. Out of this number, three died in their infancy, leaving behind 12.
They are Maria Elisabeth, Maria Anna, Maria Carolina, Joseph II, Maria Christina, Maria Elisabeth, Charles Joseph, Maria Amalia, Peter Leopold, Maria Carolina, Maria Johanna Gabriela, Maria Josepha, Maria Carolina, Ferdinand and Maximilian Franz.
Check out Maria Antoinette siblings below in order of birth;
1. Archduchess Maria Elisabeth of Austria, born on February 5, 1737 and died on June 7, 1740.
2. Archduchess Maria Anna, born on October 6, 1738 and died on November 19, 1789.
3. Archduchess Maria Carolina of Austria, born on January 12, 1740 and died on from a possible smallpox on January 25, 1741.
4. Holy Roman Emperor Joseph II, born on March 13, 1741 and died on February 20, 1790.
5. Archduchess Maria Christina of Austria, born on May 13, 1742 and died on June 24, 1798.
6. Archduchess Maria Elisabeth of Austria, born on August 13, 1743 and died on September 22, 1808.
7. Archduke Charles Joseph of Austria, born on February 1, 1745 and died on January 18, 1761.
8. Archduchess Maria Amalia of Austria, born on February 26, 1746 and died on June 9, 1804.
9. Holy Roman Emperor Leopold II, born on May 5, 1747 and died on March 1, 1792.
10. Archduchess Maria Carolina of Austria, born on September 17, 1748 and died during birth.
11. Archduchess Maria Johanna Gabriela of Austria, born on February 4, 1750 and died on December 23, 1762.
12. Archduchess Maria Josepha of Austria, born on March 19, 1751 and died on October 15, 1767 of smallpox.
13. Archduchess Maria Carolina of Austria, born on August 13, 1752 and died on September 7, 1814.
14. Archduke Ferdinand of Austria, born on June 1, 1754 and died on December 24, 1806.
15. Archduke Maximilian Franz of Austria, born on December 8, 1756 and died on July 27, 1801.
How Many Brothers Did Maria Antoinette Have?
Maria Antoinette had five brothers. They are Holy Roman Emperor Joseph II, Archduke Maximilian Franz of Austria, Archduke Ferdinand of Austria, Holy Roman Emperor Leopold II and Archduke Charles Joseph of Austria.