In this post, we will be taking you through the list of loans for unemployed in Ghana and how to apply for these loans.
People who are unemployed must also meet their financial obligations. Some people choose to take out personal loans, company loans, debt consolidation loans, or travel loans, among other things. They are frequently confronted with financial challenges as a result of their unemployment.
Aside from that, it may cause people to have low self-esteem, which can lead to depression. Unemployment may also lead to persons engaging in societal vices in order to obtain income. Because of the aforementioned issues, unemployment may have a negative impact on the population. But there is a way out if you are in such a situation.
About Loans for the Unemployed in Ghana
Many financial institutions in Ghana have created loans for the unemployed to help people meet their financial commitments while they are unable to work. Before granting loans to the unemployed, lenders consider whether the borrowers have a means of repaying the debt.
Unemployment loans are typically short-term loans. This is because the lenders want the borrowers to repay the debts as quickly as possible.
Now let’s look at the characteristics of loans for the Unemployed in Ghana.
Characteristics of loans for the Unemployed in Ghana
- They’re only meant to be used for a limited period of time.
- The loans provide you with a small sum of money.
- Unemployed loans do not require collateral or credit checks.
- They are sometimes accompanied with high-interest rates.
- To avoid penalties, you must repay the loan in full.
- Individuals with poor credit, such as defaults, missed or late payments, bankruptcy, and so on, are eligible for unemployed loans.
Requirements For Loans for the Unemployed in Ghana
It is uncommon, if not impossible, to come across a financial organization that provides loans without requiring the borrowers to meet any conditions. Any type of loan has requirements that must be met. Loans for the unemployed have different requirements depending on the organization.
Below are the requirements you need to meet to qualify for loans for the unemployed in Ghana.
- The applicant must be between the ages of 21 and 60.
- You must be a Ghanaian citizen or a Ghanaian resident (legally)
- Proof of address is required.
- Please include a utility bill that is no more than three months old.
- Passports, driver’s licenses, voter’s cards, and other forms of identification are acceptable.
List of Loans For Unemployed In Ghana
I won’t lie to you is quite difficult to get a loan if you are not employed. But this is how to try your luck. Try mobile money lending apps like:
- Express Loan
- Ahomka Loan
- Vodafone Ready Loan
- Sika Purse
- Orbit Money Lending
- Fido Money Lending
Financial Institutions that offer loans for the Unemployed In Ghana
Below are some of the financial institutions in Ghana that might be willing to give you a loan irrespective of your unemployed status if you are able to meet the requirements above.
- GCB bank
- Stanbic Bank
- Fidelity Bank
- First Bank
- Fast – track Microfinance bank