DVLA Ghana: Short Code To Check A Car’s Number Plate
DVLA: Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority.
It is possible nowadays to use just a short code to check a car’s number plate in Ghana. Meaning, you can check your car’s registration number with just a short code.
More importantly, not all car registration numbers are valid. Therefore, it is imperative to check the validity of a car’s registration number when the need arises. This can be achieved with just a short code.
In this post, we will be providing you with more details on the steps to check a car’s number plate using a short code. Other important sections will be talked about in this post as well.
DVLA: Vehicle Registration
Registration By Vehicle Owner
With regards to DVLA’s norms, to make a new registration, the owner of the vehicle must submit his/her custom’s documents, two recent coloured passport size pictures and any positive personal Identification Card (Driving Licence, Voter’s ID, Passport, National ID and NHIS ID).
Registration By Authorised Agent
An authorized agent in this case is someone or an entity who stands in for the registration of a vehicle for another person.
With regards to DVLA, to make a new registration, the authorized agent must submit customs documents of the vehicle owner, two recent coloured passport size pictures of the vehicle owner and any positive personal Identification Card (Driving Licence, Voter’s ID, Passport, National ID and NHIS ID).
Then also, the authorized agent must submit his Authority note (Power of Attorney from the owner), Positive ID card (Driving Licence, Voter’s ID, Passport, National ID and NHIS ID) and two passport size pictures of the authorised agent.
Vehicle Registration Steps
- Submit vehicle for examination at DVLA’S vehicle inspection centre.
- Submit vehicle together with customs document to the customs officer for certification.
- Submit all your documents to DVLA’S officials for review and processing.
- Then make payment of the specified fees based on the cubic capacity/ tonnage of the vehicle.
- Get Form A and VRC to finalize. Attach a photograph and sign appropriate places.
- You then return the completed forms to DVLA for processing. After, a registration number will be assigned and the number plate will be issued to the owner.
- Lastly, acquire roadworthiness certificate in addition to your copies of registration documents.
For further enquires, contact DVLA via (233) 030-2746760 and (233) 030-2746763 or email them via email [email protected]
Code To Check Car Number Plate In Ghana
As mentioned earlier, it is possible to check a vehicle registration in Ghana with just a code. Follow the steps below to get there.
On your phone, dial *920*57#, enter the car’s number and follow the prompts.