Bolt charges 20% commission from the final price per order. Commission fee applies to both cash and card rides and the commission is charged from cancelled orders for which cancellation fee applies. The total sum of the commission charged can be checked in the Earnings tab in the Bolt app.
The average monthly earnings of a Bolt driver in Accra is GHC 1500 and it depends on a lot of factors including traffic and the demand for rides. All Bolt riders are required to pay their commission to the company and we are walking you through the way you can pay your commission to Bolt in Ghana.
Table of Contents
How To Pay The Commission
If you have a negative balance, you can pay the commission you owe to Bolt via the mobile in-app transfer. The following are the steps to do so:
- Step 1: Launch the Bolt app
- Step 2:Go to the Earningstab and click Pay to Bolt button
- Step 3:Choose a payment option (your mobile wallet provider)
- Step 4:Enter the mobile number you wish to pay with
- Step 5:You would be asked to follow some instructions in the app to complete the payment
- Step 6:You have to wait to receive your payment confirmation before closing or navigating away from the payment portal.
If you use MTN or AirtelTigo, you enter your mobile money PIN and approve the transaction for the money to be deducted.
If you use Vodafone you have to generate a voucher and enter the received 6-digit voucher code in the app to make the payment.
Steps to generate a voucher:
- Step 1:Dial *110#
- Step 2:Send 4 to select Make payment
- Step 3:Send 4 to Generate voucher
- Step 4:Enter your PIN to confirm the request.
Things To Confirm Before Paying A Commission
You are to ensure the following details are accurate before you begin the process to make the payment:
- Your mobile account details entered are correct
- You are using either MTN, Vodafone, or AirtelTigo mobile wallet payment. The payment platform does not support other providers.
- You have sufficient funds to pay the whole amount owed. You can’t change the sum to be paid.
How Long The Payment Process Takes
Once the payment has been confirmed, it can take up to 24 hours for the sum to be visible in your balance.
Checking Earnings and Bonuses
You can check your balance details in the driver app by selecting the Earnings tab from the Home screen.
- Balance tab: starting and ending balance for a selected timeframe
- Earning tab: revenue and bonuses. You can split the revenue to see cash and in-app payments separately by tapping on the revenue sum.
In all these tabs, you can see the information for the current week, past weeks or past 3 months. To do it, swipe the top bar to switch the view.
Things to Note: Income from your most recent trip (including bonuses earned) may not be immediately visible in the app and bonuses are received with payouts.