In this post, I am going to take you through a complete guide on how to get a Visa card in Ghana without any stress or hustle.
For starters, let’s first find out more about what a Visa card is and what is used for before we get into the main motive of this post.
What Is A Visa Card?
A Visa card is a payment card that is branded by Visa and operates on the Visa network. Initially, the company only accepted credit cards, but it has now expanded to accept debit, prepaid, and gift cards as well. Despite the fact that Visa cards feature the Visa logo, they are not issued by the corporation. Instead, they are issued by financial institutions that have cooperated with them.
How Does Visa Cards Work?
Visa Debit cards work like cash, only better. They are issued by your bank or other financial institution and use funds directly from your bank account. Accepted worldwide, Visa Debit cards offer quick, secure and convenient access to your money in person, online, overseas and over the phone.
How To Get A Visa Card In Ghana
- To apply for a Visa card you must first be an account holder at a specific bank for instance an Ecobank account holder, Stanbic bank, fidelity or GCB account holder.
- You can either apply online or by going to the bank to request for it.
- To apply online just visit your bank website.
- Search for Visa card in the search engine and click on “Apply now”
- Fill in your personal information such as account details and account type.
- Upload a soft copy of your passport photo.
- You may also be required to apply with a Valid ID Card.
- Click on “APPLY NOW” and there you are good to go!
- All you have to do next is to wait as the bank process your Visa card.
Benefits Of Visa Card
- Personalized card and issued instantly
- Zero Transactions fees on Local and International Purchases on POS and Online
- No withdrawal fee on Fidelity ATMs
- Ability to increase transaction limit on the card to suit your needs
- Can be used conveniently to pay for services and goods online Make cash withdrawal from your account while outside the country.
- Accessible on local and international ATMs/ POS devices/e-commerce online sites displaying the Visa logo
- Features Chip & PIN enabled for the security of transactions Clients can request for an increase in daily foreign transactions purchases / spend
- Daily transaction limit on POS / online is GHS 15,000
- Limit on international travel may be increased up to UD$50,000 on request
- Default daily ATM cash withdrawal limit is GHS 5,000 (can be increased upon request)
- The card is valid for 3 years renewable
Thank You for reading this post. Don’t forget to recommend our site, Ghana insider, to your friends and family who might also profit from the information on our website, and check out our other articles because we have more information to bring to you via your devices.
I believe you have any comments or suggestions to drop about this article, kindly make use of the comment box below and reach us for more discussion.
Ghana insider is on the mission to give you insightful knowledge about anything in Ghana; Latest Entertainment news, General news, insurance, banks, mortgage, Farming, product pricing, food, business, and more.