You will be required to answer multiple questions in the German driving license theory test, including the question, “How Do You Protect A Car With An Automatic Power Transmission From Rolling Away”? The answer to this question, including other driving license theory test questions can be found in this post.
German Driving License Topics
You should be able to understand questions related to the suitable topics below, in order to effectively answer questions in the German driving license theory test:
- Road use
- Use of lanes by motor vehicles
- Turning, turning and reversing
- Stopping and parking
- Parking time monitoring facilities
- Due diligence obligations
- Breakdowns and towing of vehicles
- Warning sign
- Railway crossings
- Motorways and motorways
- Passenger transport
- Other duties of the vehicle driver
- Behavior at pedestrian crossings and towards pedestrians
- Excessive road use
- Sunday driving ban
- Traffic obstacles
- Alternating light signals and continuous light signals
How Do You Protect A Car With An Automatic Power Transmission From Rolling Away?
The above question (how do you protect a car with an automatic power transmission from rolling away?) requires you to choose the appropriate answer from three answer options.
Question: How do you protect a car with an automatic power transmission from rolling away?
Apply the parking brake
Move selector lever to P position
Explanation: Option 1 (apply the parking brake); A car is safe when parking by applying the parking brake (handbrake). Option 2 (move selector lever to P position); In an automatic vehicle, you place the selector lever in the P position. The “P” designates parking. For a car with a manual transmission, you have first engage or reverse gear.
More German Driving Theory Test Questions With Their Answers
Try your hands on the related German driving license theory test questions below:
1. What is the main function of the headrest in a car?
Answer: It increases safety for the occupants.
2. You have equipped your motorcycle with a tank bag and side cases. What do you have to pay attention to?
Answer: The permissible total mass must not be exceeded, the tire inflation pressure must be adjusted to the higher loading mass and, the rear wheel suspension may need to be adjusted to the changed load.
3. You drive an agricultural tractor with attachments. After field work you want to drive onto a public road. What do you need to check beforehand?
Answer: The connection device between the tractor and the attachment, the transport position of the attachment for road travel and, the condition and function of the lighting devices.
4. What do you have to do before you start your journey?
Answer: Check the traffic and operational safety of the motorcycle, check the helmet visor and the flap-free fit of your clothing and, check the attachment of panniers and top cases.
5. What should you pay attention to when turning right?
Answer: On the motorcycle, and on vehicles coming from the left.