Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf, Full Details
If you are reading this article, you probably have heard of the wonders that the Bitter leaf plant does and wants to know more. Keep reading this post till the end because we have what you are just looking for right here.
Bitter leaf (Vernonia amygdalina), as the name implies, is a bitter plant whose leaves, extracts, stems and barks are used for culinary, medicinal and curative purposes.
The Bitter leaf plant, as stated above, serves many purposes, but the one most of us know about is it helps to regulate the blood cholesterol level, which is a risk factor for heart attack and stroke.
In this post, I will take you through some of the health benefits of Bitter leaf you probably didn’t know.
Let’s delve right into it.
Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf
- Taking a squeezed juice of Bitter leaf regularly helps detoxify the body.
- Bitter leaf is also said to soothe and cure piles.
- Bitter leaf also helps reduce the blood sugar level, which makes it every ideal for diabetic patients.
- Squeezed Bitter leaf juice is said to cure skin rashes, eczema, ringworms and any superficial skin ailments.
- Bitter leaf is also said to speed up metabolism, making it an excellent concussion for those who want to lose weight.
- Bitter leaf is said to cure mild stomach ailments.
- Bitter leaf juice relieves fever and feverish conditions.
How To Extract Bitter Leaf Juice
Bitter leaf is very effective medicinally when you extract the juice and drink it, even though it is tough to drink due to its bitterness. Below is the steps you should follow to extract bitter leaf juice.
- rub the clean leaves in between your palms with the help of a little water and squeezing out the juice from the leaves.
- Sieve the squeezed juice and drink it.
You can also also use a juicer or blend the leaves with a little water, in a blender and strain out the extract with a cheese cloth, coffee strainer or a sieve with a tight mesh.
Thank You for reading this post about the health benefits of Bitter leaf. Don’t forget to recommend our site, Ghana insider, to your friends and family who might also profit from the information on our website and check out our other articles because we have more information to bring to you via your devices.
Make sure to also leave your comments in the comment bar below, and we will gladly consider them in our subsequent posts.