Ghana Scholarship Secretariat Online Application. All You Need To Know
Gaining scholarship is one of the easiest ways to realize your dream of pursuing your academic aspirations. The Ghana Scholarship secretariat exists to offer Ghanaians the opportunity to have access to education at the higher level with ease as the academic fees are taken care of.
The secretariat offers admission for both local and foreign admissions for Ghanaian students.
THE EASY STEPS TO FOLLOW TO APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
- Log onto the web address scholarshipgh.com
- You create an account with your details
- Fill an application form and upload admission letters, academic transcripts and academic certificates.
- You then proceed to take an online aptitude test and be scheduled for a selection interview in the district you chose.
Note: All documents uploaded on the portal should be in the portable document format(pdf)
How to Apply for Scholarship
As earlier indicated, the secretariat offers scholarship to both local tertiaries and foreign tertiary institutions.
The Local Tertiary awards are in form payment of Thesis and Bursary grants to Postgraduate Students in the Public Tertiary Institutions in Ghana.
The award also covers payment of Disability Grants to the Physically Challenged Ghanaian Students in Tertiary Institutions and Long Stay Allowance for Medical Science students in Public Tertiary Institutions in the country.
Mode of Application
- You head to the website (www.ghanascholarshipsecretariat.com) to download the application forms.
- You kindly fill the application forms by providing the your name and other details
In the scheme of the secretariat a registration code is sent to the various institutions at the beginning of the academic year.
Duly completed application forms must be endorsed by the designated institutional authority and submitted through the Dean of Graduate School to the Scholarships Secretariat.
Note: This scholarship does not hold for sandwich, part-time, private/fee paying students in public tertiary institutions.
The documents are vetted by the Secretariat to make sure they are in line with the set standards.
For Disability allowance, completed application forms must be accompanied with medical certificate stating the percentage of disability.
Foreign tertiary awards cover scholarships at the tertiary level of education in a foreign country. The Government of Ghana and the Government of the awarding country engage in bilateral talks to facilitate the scholarships.
Currently, the countries that fall under this category include:
- German Government Doctoral Programme (DAAD)
The Commonwealth Secretariat also hands out scholarships to Ghanaians at the postgraduate level based on a multilateral arrangement between Ghana and Commonwealth member countries.
There are other countries awarding scholarships to Ghanaians without a counterpart funding from the Government of Ghana.
These countries are:
- Australia Government Awards
- Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships
- Turkish Government Awards
- Mauritius Government Scholarship
Mode of Application
All scholarship offers under Bilateral Cooperation Agreements are received through Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration. The role of the Secretariat in the administration of these scholarships entails:
- Publicity on Secretariat’s website and notice board, as well as one newspaper with nationwide circulation
- Receipt and processing of applications based on eligibility criteria
- Interviews and selection of applicants by a committee.
- Submission of selected applicants to awarding country for further consideration.
- Communication of awards to successful applicants.
CONTACT DETAILS OF THE SECRETARIAT
Hotlines: 0302 9629 28, 0302 9629 29, 0302 9629 30, 0302 9629 31
Email: [email protected]
GPS Address: GA 028-2065