We bring you Ghana Navy Salary in 2021.
The Ghana Navy is a military branch of the Ghana Armed Forces, in charge of the naval activities in the country.
The Ghana Navy together with the Ghana Army and Ghana Air Force makes the Ghana Armed Forces.
Ghana Navy is made up of different ranks and their salary varies according to the various ranks.
In this article, you will find:
- Ghana Navy Roles
- Ghana Navy Rank
- Ghana Navy Salary Structure
- Ghana Navy Recruitment and
- Ghana Navy Requirement.
Table of Contents
Ghana Navy Roles
The Ghana Navy Roles are as follows:
- They carry out investigations, control and give an effective protection to Ghana’s territorial or sectional water, especially the economic zones.
- They keep an eye on and controls fishing activities in the country.
- The Ghana Navy carry out disaster and humanitarian comfort operations and other rescue missions at sea.
- They monitor sea transport on the West African Waters and give support to areas that are in crises.
- Take away individuals from troubled spots.
- Monitoring of criminal activities from like drug smuggling, armed robbery, etc. at sea.
- They also support authorities like Ghana Police, the Ghana Ports and Harbor Authority, the Volta River Authority, etc. when requested.
These are some roles played by the Ghana Navy.
Ghana Navy Rank.
You might be asking, “what is to highest rank in Ghana Navy? ” or “what is the lowest rank in Ghana Navy?” find it out from this post.
The Ghana Navy rank composition is no different from any other Navy in the world. Ghana Navy has been categorized into two, they are;
- The Officers and
- The Ratings Officers
The officers are in charge of managing and solving problems in the Navy. They are also the influencers and the master minds. They lead and train the Ratings Officers.
On the other hand, the Ratings Officers are military officers who receives commands from the Officers before acting.
Ghana Navy Ranks For Officers
This rank is in the descending order, according to higher status:
- Lieutenant Commander
- Acting Sub-Lieutenant
Ghana Navy Ranks For Ratings Officers
These ranks are also in descending order according to higher status:
- Master Chief Petty Officer
- Fleet Chief Petty Officer
- Chief Petty Officer Class I
- Chief Petty Officer Class II
- Petty Officer Class I
- Petty Officer Class II
- Leading Seaman
- Able Seaman Class I
- Able Seaman Class II
- Ordinary Seaman
Ghana Navy Salary
You should note that the Ghana Navy salary is like every other military system, salary varies according to ranks.
Meaning that, the higher your rank the greater your salary as compared to the others.
Well its laudable, since the higher your rank, the greater your responsibility.
The Ghana Navy Salary is not something into the public eye, but it has been estimated that the lowest ranking officer Takes home at least GH¢1,000 every month.
Ghana Navy Salary- at least GHS1000 per month.
That is a cool amount for the low rank officer! Aside the salary, there is no doubt that, some allowances and bonuses are given to the Ghana Navy Officers.
The giving of the allowance is no different from the salary; the higher status officers take the highest allowances.
NOTE: the amount mentioned might no be exactly the amount received by the Navy Officers. If you have the correct amount and more information, kindly let Ghanainsider be aware.
Ghana Navy Recruitment 2020/2021
The Ghana Navy recruit individuals on annual basis. If you still want to be part of the Ghana Navy, then I guess their salary structure is fine with you.
The good news is that, since recruitment is done on annual basis, it is a sure thing that the Ghana Navy is still recruiting people.
Have you looking for an opportunity to be recruited into Ghana Navy? Are you finding it difficult on how to start?
We are here for you. All you need to know and how to start is right here! Just follow the guidelines provided and you are good to go.
Note: any qualified and suitable member of the public can apply to be recruited.
Ghana Navy Recruitment Requirements.
These are the eligibility for recruitment at Ghana Navy;
- One must be a Ghanaian citizen by birth.
- One must have no criminal record.
- One must be of good character.
- One must not be less than 18 and not more that 35 by 31st December, 2020.
- One must have a first degree, or not below second class lower from a known tertiary in a related field.
- One must be medically fit by armed forces standards.
- One must not be bonded or married.
- Males must be of a minimum height of 1.6m (5’6”) and females must be of a minimum height of 1.57m (5’2”).
- One must have six (6) Credits (not less than Grade 6)at BECE including English and Mathematics.
- One must have five credits (not less than Grade C6) in WASSCE, including Core English and Core Mathematics or the requisite credits/passes in respective trade qualifications from GES at Intermediate or Advance Level.
How To Apply For Ghana Navy Recruitment.
- Before you apply, make sure you are qualified or you meet the requirements.
- Write your application latter, stating why you should be taken.
- Confirm the deadline for submission of the particular position you are applying for before submitting.
- Include all requested documents before submitting the application.
- Visit this site to know more http://www.gafrecruitment.mil.gh/navyrequirements