You are here obviously because you want to know how much it will cost you to run a 100-layer poultry farm, specifically in Ghana.
Well, we have got you covered.
We have extensively covered poultry farming as a topic in Ghana.
In our previous articles we wrote about the following:
If you are planning to start a farm but lack information about the costs involved, this article will be of great help.
Let’s get started.
What you need to know
- The cost of rearing 100 layers will differ from that of broilers.
- Broilers are reared for meat purposes.
- Layers are reared for egg purposes.
The cost breakdown includes but not limited to the following;
- Structure/housing costs.
- Cost of day-old chicks. Click here to see the price of day-old chicks in Ghana.
- Feed and water cost.
- Vaccination costs.
- Advertisement and marketing.
- Poultry farming equipment.
- Miscellaneous costs.
Cost of Rearing 100 Layers
The table below have a breakdown of the estimated costs of rearing 100 layers in Ghana.
|1.5kg feeders (for day old chicks)||10||70|
|10 Litres Drinkers (manual)||10||350|
|1.5 Ltr drinker (manual) for day old chicks||10||75|
|PVC Gloves||1 pairs||36|
|Wellington Boots||1 pairs||140|
|Ffp2 Nose Mask||1 box||120|
Thanks for passing by. We will update this post with the current prices periodically.