Cosmetology is the study and application of personal care services and beauty treatment.
Some of these beauty treatments are hair styling, skin care, cosmetics, pedicures and manicures. Some beauty professionals are the hair stylists, barbers and estheticians.
Some duties of hairstylists, barbers and estheticians are;
- Using cosmetics to enhance or change a person or a performer’s appearance.
- Treating peoples’ skin, assessing skin’s state and applying treatments after discussing options.
- Washing, cutting, styling, coloring, curling, or straightening hair.
- Shaving beards and performing facials.
- Providing clients with information about what styles and colors are best for them based on their hair’s texture, condition, color, and their complexion.
This post brings to you Cosmetology schools in Accra-Ghana, their location and contacts details.
A. Makeup and More School of Cosmetology
Makeup and More School of Cosmetology is one of the best known cosmetology schools in Accra.
They have highly motivated stuff who teaches the students with love, providing comprehensive and up to date training.
At Makeup and More School of Cosmetology, local and international languages to fit the needs of students.
Below are the cosmetology courses they offer;
- Hair extension
- Wig caps
- latest technics in hair cutting
- Colouring and texturizing.
- pedicure and
- Nail extension
- Basic skin care &
- Make up artistry
- Eyebrow treatment &
- Eyelash extension.
Aside the cosmetology courses, they offer other short and advance courses. Below are some of the short and advanced courses;
- Skin structure, skin care and skin disorders.
- Basic facial
- Facial treatment (papules and millia)
- Facial massage and anti wrinkle massage.
- Skin type and tone
- Product knowledge
- Selecting product to compliment client’s skin tone
- Latest trends in make up artistry
- Sculpture and contour
- Creating your own application
- Hands on; fashion, glamour, film, television, theatrical and occasional make up.
- Eyelash extension; strip and individual.
- Nail structure
- Nail disorders and disease
- Pedicure and manicure
- Aromatherapy pedicure and manicure
- Basic foot and leg massage
- Recommendation and home care
- Stick on : full and half well
- French tip with acrylic overlay
- Acrylic with other tips
- Nail art
- Dissolving and nail care advice.
- Wig cap
- Weave -ons (all types)
- Latest trends in weave on cuts
- Two stem
- Three stem
- Corn roll
- Braid styling
- Creating braid styles
- Touch up
- Virgin hair
- Corrective touch up and trimming
- Hair treatment.
- Shampoo ,roller setting and curl styling.
- Strands and trends
- New trends
- All hair types and styling
- Other overlays :gel and fabric
- Nail art
- Extensive use of technology in filing and buffing.
- Media make up as a career
- Working on set
- Effects of lighting
- Corrective make up
- Working in theatre
- Character make up
- Air brush application
Suit 14, Magna Terris Building
Behind Corpus Christi Chapel, Sakumono Estates, Tema, Ghana
Phone : +233 20 812 6447
Email : [email protected]
B. 2ND Image Academy
2ND Image Academy is a beauty and slimming clinic, offering training to both men and women.
They have trained several salon owners, stylists, hair barbers, etc who are doing great out there.
2ND Image Academy has an international recognition, which therefore make students able to operate even outside Ghana after their studies.
At 2ND Image Academy, age is not an impediment. They accept people as young as 16 years and the oldest about even over 80.
They have courses for JHS, SHS leavers and above. They have short and advance courses to suit the needs of applicants.
They have arranged their courses in levels, I.e certificate, diploma and advanced diploma. Below are the courses offered at 2ND Image Academy including cosmetology which is due 2 years and 3 months.
Certificate 1 (JHS Graduates)
- Hair and Beauty — 2-3 years
- Beautician — 6 months
- Hair braiding — 4 months
- Manicure & Pedicure — 6 weeks
- Basic Barbering — 6 weeks
- Grooming & Personal Enhancement — 4 weeks
- Dressmaking — 1 year
- Beauty Specialist — 1 year
- Hairdressing — 1 year, 3 months
- Cosmetology — 2 years 3 months
- Facial Therapy — 9 months
- Body Massage — 3 months
- Master Hair Class — 8 weeks
- Fashion & Clothing — 2 years
- Fashion & Design Specialization — 6 months
- Spa Therapy — 9 months
Higher National Diploma
- Spa and Salon Management — 1 year, 6 months
- Fashion — 3 years
- Intensive Bridal Make Up — 6 Weeks
- Bridal Hair Styling — 6 weeks
- Award in Clothing & Textiles — 6 Months
Get in touch with 2ND Image Academy on;
Phone: +233 302 221 376/ +233 243 331 999
Locate 2ND Image Academy at;
Address: PMB 103, Accra-Ghana. Next to the Adabraka Police Station.
Visit their website of www.2ndimageghana.com for more information.
C. FC Beauty College (FCBC)
FC Beauty College train both local and international student who are interested in the beauty industry.
They can boast of well established and sought-after Therapists and Hairstylists from their school.
At FC Beauty College, students are thought how to develop good interpersonal skills, leadership skills, creative and effective thinking, time and stress management, professional ethics, problem solvers.
They offer cosmetology courses and other equally important beauty courses.
JHS, SHS and Tertiary leavers can enroll to study at FC Beauty College.
Courses Offered at FCBC
- Beauty & Spa Therapy
- Hair Technology
- Soap Making
- Lotion and Creams
- Spa Manicure & Pedicure
- Nail Technology
- Eye Technology
- Facial Therapy
- Make-Up Artistry
- Facial Treatments
- Swedish Massage
- Beauty Business Management
- Anatomy & Physiology 1
- Anatomy and Physiology 2
- Special Effects Make-Up
- Facial Electrotherapy
- Body Treatments
- Hand and foot Massage
- Hair Removal(Electrical Epilation)
- Aromatherapy Oil Blending
- Indian Head Massage
- Shiastu & Eskay Massage
- Body Electrotherapy
Contact FCBC on;
D. Abrantie College
One of the best cosmetology schools in Ghana you might consider is Abrantie College.
They offer beauty therapy, Hair Technology, Fashion and Designing, and Generic Studies. They have produces several beauty and creative professionals since it was established.
The school is accredited by Council for Technical, Vocational, Educational and Training (COTVET), Ghana Education Service (GES), National Vocational Training Institute (NVTI) & Technical Exams Unit (TEU).
Courses Offered at Abrantie College.
- Lymphatic Drainage Massage
- Thai Massage
- Signature Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Swedish Massage
- Holistic Massage
- Indian Massage
- Oil Blending
- Shaistu Massage
- Eye Technology (Basic)
- Eye Technology (Intermediate)
- Body Scrubbing
- Body Masking
- Body Wrapping
- Manicure and Pedicure (Basic)
- Manicure and Pedicure (Intermediate)
- Manicure and Pedicure (Advanced)
- Make– Up Artistry (Basic)
- Make – Up Artistry (Intermediate)
- Make – Up Artistry (Advanced)
- Nail Technology (Basic)
- Nail Technology (Intermediate)
- Facial Therapy and Skin Care
- Facial Therapy and Skin Care
- Bridal Care & Services (1 & 2)
- Male Grooming (Basic Barbering)
- Male Grooming (Intermediate Barbering)
- Male Grooming (Advanced Barbering)
- Wet Styling
- Competition Styling
- Scalp Treatment
- Hair Cutting (Basic)
- Hair Cutting (Intermediate)
- Basic Hair Styling
- Long Hair Styling
- Thermal Styling
- Hair Extention (Basic)
- Hair Extention (Intermediate)
- Hair Extention (Advanced)
- Braids (Basic)
- Braids (Intermediate)
- Hair Treatment
Fashion and Design
- Fashion Basic Class (Introduction)
- Jewelry Beading
- Jacket / Coat
- Dresses (Basic)
- Bridal Wear (Novice)
- Bridal Wear (Practitioner)
P.O.Box CS 8867 Accra-Ghana
+233 2870 32667
E. GH Cosmetology
GH Cosmetology is a place where talents are being identified, molded and developed.
It gives its students beauty and fashion knowledge and skills to enable them become professionals in their career.
|Beauty Specialist||1 year|
|Short Courses||6 months|
|Beauty Therapist||1 and half years|
|Hair Dressing||1 year|
|Massage and Body Therapist||1 year|
Phone: 0302 424 909
Location: Achimota Abofu Junction.