Company Registration Fee in Ghana
Registering a company in Ghana is not a tedious process as people make it seem to be. The company registration fee is affordable for any businessman who intends to do so.
In this post, I am going to make known to you all the registration fees involved in company registration in Ghana.
Please also do note that this post answers all the following questions:
- How much it cost to register a company in Ghana
- The average fee to start a company in Ghana
- How much is required to start a foreign company in Ghana?
Aside from that, I am going to give you all the types of businesses in Ghana, their respective registration fees, and any other relevant information.
About company registration fees in Ghana
Company registration fees in Ghana are not the same for all company types. Each type comes with its own fees and terms and conditions.
Before we take a look at the various prices involved in business registration, let us see the available business/company types in Ghana.
There are basically 7 types of businesses in Ghana as specified by the Registrar General’s Department.
- Sole proprietorship
- Subsidiary business
- Company limited by shares
- Company limited by guarantee
- Unlimited liability company
- External/foreign company
- Professional body
Current company registration fees in Ghana
Below is a table of all the fees involved in registering a business in Ghana. Leave a comment below for more information. Thank you.
|Company Type||Registration fee|
|Sole proprietorship/business name||GHC 60.00|
|Company limited by shares (private and public)||GHC 280|
|Unlimited liability company||GHC 330|
|Company limited by guarantee||GHC 270|
|External company||GHC 12,000 (USD 1200)|
Things to note about company registration fees in Ghana.
- If the price is quoted in USD, you are supposed to pay its equivalent in Ghana Cedis at the time of the registration.
- There may be extra charges such as cost for an application form, and 0.5% stamp duty on stated capital amongst others.
- All company registrations are subjected to annual renewal.
- Failure to renew may result in paying penalty fees.
- Company registration may be done online or in person.
Questions about company registration fees in Ghana.
[sc_fs_multi_faq headline-0=”h3″ question-0=”How much does it cost to register a foreign company in Ghana?” answer-0=”External or foreign cooperation requires a minimum of US$ 1,200.00 o establish a branch in Ghana.” image-0=”” count=”1″ html=”true” css_class=””]