Registering on Bolt is another way to make some cool money. In this article, we are looking at how you can register as a driver on the platform and start making money.
Bolt is a ride-hailing company that offers vehicle for hire, micro-mobility, car-sharing, and food delivery services. Bolt operates in over40 countries in the world and has its headquarters in Tallinn, Estonia. Bolt 50 million customers globally and more than 1.5 million drivers use Bolt platform to offer rides.
In March 2021, Bolt raised €20 million from IFC, a World Bank Group member, for further expansion in emerging markets. The company was valued at more than €2 billion after this fund raising round which implies it has deep roots in the world of business and it is not going down anytime soon.
Bolt became larger than Uber in Africa in 2018 and it has emerged as the first transportation app in the world to allow customers to pay for their trips via mobile carrier billing.
To register as a driver on the Bolt Ghana platform, you are required to satisfy the following driving requirements:
- You must be at least 25 years old
- Possess a valid Ghana driver’s license
- Own a vehicle that meets the accepted criteria
- Own an Android or iPhone Smartphone with GPS
To meet the qualification to be a Bolt driver, your car must pass certain tests and the vehicles that do not meet the requirements will not be accepted.
- The vehicle must be manufactured in 2005 or later
- Have air conditioning
- Be a private vehicle or taxi (rebuilt vehicles or government cars do not qualify)
- Have a valid Third Party/Comprehensive Insurance
- Have a valid Roadworthiness Certificate.
You log on to the website of Bolt that has the the sign-up portal. You can access the portal with the link, (https://partners.bolt.eu/driver-signup).
The following are the details to provide in the application process:
- Step 1: Enter your email address, phone number and city
- Step 2: Provide your personal details
- Step 3: Provide your National ID (Driver’s License Number) and License Number (Reference number of the License)
- Step 4: Upload all the necessary documents and their expiry dates
- Step 5: Provide your payment details i.e. mobile money wallet or bank account to receive payments.
- Select Personas your Billing Type
- Your name as the Mobile Money Wallet Name
- Your MoMo number starting with 233 as your Mobile Wallet Number
- Your network provider is MobileMoney Network.
You wait a while before Bolt processes and approves the application. If there is any problem with the application, the team will contact you and sort things out.
Once you have completed your registration, Bolt will send you an SMS with a link to take the training.
After you have successfully fulfilled requirements and completed the training, your application will be processed as soon as possible. Bolt will send you an SMS with a link to create a password to log in to your account.
You will be given 48 hours to complete your first trip to activate your profile on Bolt.