What is cocoa powder? Cocoa powder is a sugarless dark brown powder which is made from cocoa beans.
Who doesn’t love chocolate? And who doesn’t love cocoa powder for beverage? Almost every one does.
To some it is even one of their weaknesses. Chocolate and cocoa powder beverage are sweet and lovely.
Cocoa powder is such an important ingredient. it is used for several products such: beverages, creams and pomades, face powder, face masks, skin tanners, the all lovely chocolate, and many more. It has benefits in the body, brain and skin.
In this post, we will look at the benefits of cocoa powder to the skin, then after we’ll look at how to make cocoa powder into a skin tanner for your skin.
Many people do enjoy and love products made with cocoa powder but do not know it has benefits.
The raw cocoa powder contains antioxidants, which have an ado of positive effects on the body.
The adjunct properties found in raw cocoa powder does not only abound internally but externally also.
Cocoa powder can be found almost every where and it is easily accessible.
Now let’s look at some benefits of Cocoa powder to the skin.
Benefits of Cocoa Powder to the skin
- The number one biggest benefit of cocoa powder is that, it has in it free antioxidants which aids in protecting the skin against free extremists. This protect the skin against sign of aging, making skin fresh and vernal.
- There are flavanols in the raw cocoa powder which helps to maintain the health of the skin. The flavanols aids in decreasing the noxious effects of UV radiations on the skin. This helps to intensify the physical properties of the skin and also its hydration.
- The use of cocoa powder on the skin helps to reduce wrinkles and fine lines on the skin. It also clear, soften and detoxicate your skin and also reduce the visibility of scars. It is indeed a super food!!
- Applying cocoa powder on the skin can decrease the appearance of dark spots, which can result in a lighter skin, looking fresh.
- Cocoa powder reduces the redness and rubor caused by pimple and repair the skin, making it clearer and gleaming.
- Cocoa powder makes the skin firmer, tighter and toned due to the presence of theobromine and caffeine in it.
Note: as much as possible, make sure your cocoa powder is very much natural. Even is it is refined, it should be nominal. This will ensure its best effect on your skin.
You might be asking;
- Can I use cocoa powder for my hair?
- Can I use it on my face? Or which part of my skin can I use cocoa powder?
Cocoa powder can be used on the hair! There is magnesium in cocoa, which can fight hair loss and dandruff.
It can also leave your hair shining and giving it vibrancy. It can also add nutrients to your hair, ensuring hair growth.
Cocoa powder can also be used on every part of the body, of course except the private parts and probably the armpit.
It has a great advantage on the whole of your skin, however it is used. All parts of the body includes the face. It can be used to make a face mask.
How to Make and Apply a Face Mask with Cocoa Powder
- Mix a tablespoon of cocoa powder, sugar, honey and butter.
- Stir it to create a paste.
- Massage the paste mildly on your skin and leave it to rest for about 20 minutes.
- After about 20 minutes, wash it off with warm water.
- You can do this twice or trice a week for a glowing skin!
How To Make And Apply A Skin Tanner On The Skin
- A small scoop of cocoa powder
- A reasonable amount of coconut oil
- A mixing bowl and stirrer or spatula
- A skin brush
How to Make It
- Pour the amount of coconut oil into the mixing bow.l
- Add the amount of cocoa powder (equal amount to the oil) to the oil in the bowl.
- Using the stirrer or spatula, mix the powder and oil together, until it attains a smooth texture.
- The cocoa powder tanner is ready!
How to Apply
- Dip the skin brush into the tanner
- Dab the mixture gently on your skin, you should start from the legs
- As your pat it on, do well to massage the mixture on your skin, so the it can get into the skin very well.
- Continue with the dabbing and massaging of the mixture- going up til all part is dabbed and massaged.
- Look out for places that may need special attention and dab extra mixture there.
- Make sure the coconu oil mixture has entirely absorbed into your skin.
- Let it dry.
- You can wash it off after some few hours.
Note: not all the dark patches from the cocoa powder-coconut oil mixture will wash off, meaning you have to unfold it to get them all off your skin.